Top 10 Busiest Airports
December 17, 2008
Good morning everyone!
3.5 million passengers is a lot of people. That’s how many come through Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport each year (plus 1.5 million of their friends and family members!). And I’m sure that number is only going to grow as we continue to grow as a city, and as an airport campus.
However it’s certainly not quite 53 million... which is how many passengers Atlanta sees each year- WOW! Arabian Business just published an article reporting the top ten busiest airports in terms of passenger traffic in the world. Read the whole article here, or check out the top ten list below!
1. Atlanta, Georgia - Passengers: 53,038,940
2. Chicago, Illinois - Passengers: 42,260,839
3. London Heathrow, UK - Passengers: 38,966,862
4. Tokyo, Japan - Passengers: 37,608,426
5. Los Angeles, California - Passengers: 35,667,336
6. Charles de Gaulle, Paris - Passengers: 35,556,686
7. Frankfurt, Germany - Passengers: 31,329,298
8. Beijing, China - Passengers: 30,938,679
9. Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas - Passengers: 33,935,380
10. Denver, Colorado - Passengers: 30,741,966