From our founding in 1931 by a American actor to our celebrated twenty-first century ‘homecoming’ to full Winnipeg ownership, the Salisbury House story has it all: dreams, history, celebrity and soul… all served up with good humour and fried onions. The house under the ‘Little Red Roof’ acknowledged a need for a place where anyone could drop in at any time for a quality snack and a great cup of coffee. Since opening the first site on Fort Street with $135 borrowed from friends back in Nebraska, founder Ralph Erwin’s original Salisbury House has grown into over two dozen locations synonymous with Winnipeg’s culture and history.
Hours of Operation
6:00 - 20:00