Shift Engineer (6 to 12 month term)
Application deadline: 2017-12-18
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, the WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a perennial “Top Manitoba Employer”, the WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, at the right time.
Reporting to the Manager, Facility Performance & the Powerhouse Lead Hand / Chief Engineer, the Shift Engineer operates and maintains, on a rotating shift schedule, a low volume, high pressure steam (3rd class) & Hot Water Central Heating Plant.
- Operate and maintain Chilled Water (refrigeration) Generating Plants, and distribution systems to provide heating and cooling to a complex of buildings at WAA;
- Operate and maintain satellite hot water plants and various associated systems, including stand-by power generation and heat recovery systems;
Maintain and repairs boilers, refrigeration machines, pumps, air compressors, water softeners, connected piping and associated systems, as well as mechanical and electrical repairs as required.
Selection Criteria include:
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineer Certification (4th Class with a combination of relevant skills and experience may be considered);
- MOPIA certification preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire;
- Minimum 5 years related experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and demonstrated abilities to support a team environment are required;
- Must have excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude along with proactive preventative maintenance mindset;
- Must be able to work in extreme working conditions, such as overhead and work at height and platforms, heat, humidity and confined spaces;
- Knowledge of Electronic Controls and Energy Management Systems (ie: Bailey Controls, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, and DDC);
- Must be well organized, able to work independently and in isolation, as well as with minimal supervision;
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office products and knowledge and utilization of CMMS software;
- Ability to work in a 12-hour rotating shift environment, as well as ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work effectively and efficiently under high pressure situations;
- Valid MB Class 5 Driver’s license required.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card. Send your resume and cover letter quoting Project 17-020 in the subject line by closing date December 18, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
249 - 2000 Wellington Ave
Winnipeg, MB, R3H 1C2
The WAA is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their covering letter.