Application deadline: 2017-12-20
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, the WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a perennial “Top Manitoba Employer”, the WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, at the right time.
Reporting to the Manager, Terminal Operations, the Operations Coordinator role supports the broader operations division by driving continuous improvement in customer and internal process; measures, identifies and implements new and or best practices for customer experience, provides administrative support to the Operations management team, and supports events and programming. With advanced skills in technical writing, database maintenance, and efficiency and process improvements, the Operations Coordinator serves internal customers and business stakeholders with professionalism and the WAA brand.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of contract standards for 3rd party service providers to identify failures and report opportunities for improvement;
- Under the direction of management, develop and maintain policies, plans of operations, standing operating procedures, work instructions, and other materials in support of operations;
- Monitor Customer Experience Programs with industry tools and best practices, identifying and supporting new program development and/or changes to existing programs or client experiences;
- Support project planning for special events, seasonal programming, YWG’s Campus Crew culture program, new services, and irregular operations;
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Managers;
- Provide advanced support as a Super-User for operations applications: Maximo, eDOCs electronic document library, and seasonal flight schedule planning and resource templates; and
- Support Operations Management in planning and hosting Rapid Improvement Projects, and actively monitors, identifies, and reports opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
Selection Criteria include:
- 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role, or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Education in a post-secondary program, such as Business Administration;
- Education or proven experience in Lean, SixSigma or continuous improvement, training in project management, contracts management, quality management or ISO;
- Excellent analytical skills, including strategic thinking, and problem solving;
- Exceptional facilitation and organizational skills in preparation of projects and reports with great attention to detail;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain technical documentation;
- Experience with IBM Maximo, or comparable enterprise management application;
- Confident speaker, great interpersonal skills, and contributor to a positive a team environment;
- Ability to act independently and prioritize workload to meet multiple deadlines; and
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and MS Visio.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card.
Send your resume and cover letter quoting Project 17 – 023 in the subject line by closing date December 20, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winnipeg Airports Authority
249 - 2000 Wellington Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3H 1C2
The WAA is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their covering letter