Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Application deadline: 2018-01-12
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, the WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the Accounts Receivable Coordinator performs the accounts receivable function in the Finance department. The role is responsible for all duties pertaining to invoicing and collections. Responsibilities cover all revenue streams, including aeronautical, parking, leasing, and concessions. Additional opportunities to be involved in new projects within the finance department exist within this role. The role also provides clerical support to the Manager, Finance.
- Generate all airport related billings in accordance with WAA policies and tariffs;
- Reconcile all discrepancies with invoices; work to resolve errors & issue credits where appropriate;
- Update spreadsheets, print, and distribution of invoices & prepare the month-end accrual fees;
- Contact stakeholders & vendors about irregularities and overdue payments and reports;
- Provide assistance in answering questions about regulations according to agreements;
- Prepare credit memos or miscellaneous invoices as required to adjust invoices previously issued;
- Attend monthly finance/property management meetings on behalf of the finance department;
- Review outstanding accounts receivables and administer collection action according to procedures, including
- phone calls, collection letters, final demand notices & referrals to collection agencies for further action;
- Reconcile sub ledger and review aging of accounts receivables; and
- Provide back up and support duties within the Finance department.
Selection Criteria include:
- 1 - 2 years’ previous experience in an accounts receivable role with knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures, & experience with invoicing and collections, spreadsheets, and word processing software;
- Education in a post-secondary program, such as Business Administration;
- Demonstrated experience with accruals and balance sheet/sub ledger reconciliations;
- Detail orientated individual with strong organizational skills & the ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Strong communication skills, with experience with dealing with customers;
- Aptitude for learning new tasks and taking on new challenges;
- Analytical mind that strives towards efficiency and process improvements; and
- Proficient in MS Excel in filtering data and simple formulas.
Current Salary range is $62,139 - $69,391. All bargaining unit employees are paid in accordance with the
negotiated terms of the Collective Agreement.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card.
Send your resume & cover letter, indicating your salary expectations and quoting Project 18 – 001 in the subject line, by closing date January 12, 2018 to:
Winnipeg Airports Authority
249 - 2000 Wellington Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3H 1C2
The WAA is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their covering letter.