WAA - Shift Engineer
Application deadline: 2014-01-03
JOB TITLE: Shift Engineer
REPORTS TO: Powerhouse Lead Hand / Chief Engineer
CLOSING DATE: January 3rd, 2014
Operates and maintains, on a rotating shift schedule, a low volume, high pressure steam (3rd class) & Hot Water Central Heating Plant. Operates and maintains Chilled Water (refrigeration) Generating Plants, and distribution systems to provide heating and cooling to a complex of buildings at WAA. Operates and maintains satellite hot water plants and various associated systems including stand-by power generation and heat recovery systems. Maintains and repairs boilers, refrigeration machines, pumps, air compressors, water softeners, connected piping and associated systems, as well as mechanical and electrical repairs as required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 3rd Class Power Engineer Certified
- MOPIA certification preferred, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and demonstrated abilities to support a team environment are required
- Must have excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude along with proactive preventative maintenance mindset
- Must be able to work in extreme working conditions such as overhead and work at height and platforms, heat, humidity and confined spaces
- Knowledge of Electronic Controls and Energy Management Systems (ie: Bailey Controls, Honeywell, Johnson Controls)
- Must be well organized, able to work independently and in isolation as well as with minimal supervision
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office products and knowledge and utilization of CMMS software
- Ability to work in a 12-hour rotating shift environment as well as ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work effectively and efficiently under high pressure situations
- Valid MB Class 5 Driver’s license required.
WAA may consider an applicant with demonstrated abilities and experience in lieu of a requirement.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card.
Send your resume and cover-letter in confidence to:
Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
249 -2000 Wellington Ave.
Winnipeg Manitoba, R3H 1C2
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.