WAA - Director Operations
Application deadline: 2012-07-20
JOB TITLE: Director Operations
REPORTS TO: Vice President Operations & Customer Experience
CLOSING DATE: July 20, 2012
Winnipeg Airports Authority is a non-share capital corporation responsible for the management and operation of Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses.
Manitoba’s airport is an economic engine of the community generating $2.6 billion in economic output and providing over 20,000 total jobs. Named as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers in the years 2010 and 2012 as well as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2012, the community’s front door welcomes 3.4 million passengers a year. Respect, Integrity, Service Excellence (RISE), are values inherent in the campus culture.
Duties: Reporting to the Vice President Operations & Customer Experience this position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the airport Using excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, officials, airport tenants and the general public. Key areas of responsibility will include management of airport regulatory programs, operational compliance, terminal operations, airside and groundside operations.
Education & Experience:
- A Degree in Business Management or Airport Management
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management capacity
- 10 years experience in airport terminal & airside operations
- Experience understanding of regulations and acts that airlines, agencies, and airport authorities comply with
- Experience working in a common use terminal environment
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with key partners such as Passengers, Airlines, and transportation service providers
- Knowledge of Baggage Handling Systems, Resource Management System (RMS), and Baggage Tracking Resource System (BTRS) and Passenger Boarding Bridge Management System (PBBMS) an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers both verbally and written
- Knowledge of Ground Transportation (Car Rentals, Parking, Taxis and Limos)
- Fully computer literate including use of Microsoft Office and various software applications
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent accuracy, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to proactively identify improvements and implement same
- A working knowledge of the budgeting process
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience in negotiating contracts
- Knowledge of Safety Management System Implementation
- Knowledge of Airside Maintenance, winter operations and Central De-Icing Facility operations.
- Knowledge of TP312 and Airport Certification
WAA may consider an applicant with demonstrated abilities and experience in lieu of a requirement.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Pass.
Send your resume and cover-letter in confidence to:
Mail: Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
249 -2000 Wellington Ave.
Winnipeg Manitoba, R3H 1C2
Fax: (204) 987-9105
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc. is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare on their cover letter.