WAA - Communications Specialist
Application deadline: 2013-10-04
JOB TITLE: Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Manager, Communications & Public Affairs
CLOSING DATE: October 4, 2013
Under the guidance of The Manager of Communications and Public Affairs, the Communications Specialist is responsible to support and implement all aspects of Winnipeg Airports Authority’s community relations, media relations and corporate communication programs. Work continuously to build the profile and reputation management of Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport to a wide variety of audiences. Develop and implement policies, strategies and programs ensuring WAA is known, understood and regarded positively, Conceptualize, develop and deliver communication plans for corporate projects and initiatives. Implement comprehensive media relations initiatives including organizing media events; preparing and issuing media releases and monitoring and reporting on media coverage.
Education & Experience:
- Post secondary education in a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Must be professional and reliable
- Advanced understanding of social media applications and measurement tools
- Experience in coordinating events and media conferences
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Management
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Windows XP and Office 2010.
- Strong written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to produce high quality work in a timely fashion
- Must demonstrate excellent organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding and knowledge of government and non-share capital environment and accountability to Boards and Committees
- A working knowledge of the budgeting process
- Understanding of Official Language requirements
- Ability to liaise with external business organizations and government officials
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card.
Send your resume and cover-letter in confidence to:
Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
249 -2000 Wellington Ave.
Winnipeg Manitoba, R3H 1C2
Fax: (204) 987-9105