WASCO - Office/Contracts Coordinator
Application deadline: 2017-11-29
JOB TITLE: Office/Contracts Coordinator
COMPETITION No.: W20171115
Status: Full Time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Development
CLOSING DATE: November 29, 2017
Winnipeg Airport Services Corp. (WASCO) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg Airports Authority that provides quality airport operations, management, facility maintenance and technical services to Canadian Airports in accordance with Canadian Aviation Regulations.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development, the Office Coordinator will provide overall operations support to the WASCO and its subsidiaries, based in Winnipeg, but not limited to Winnipeg Operations.
WASCO is seeking an independent, motivated and energetic candidate to fill this new and evolving role. Applicants should have strong analytical skills to support this dynamic group in managing contracts, financial processing and monthly compliance audits and reporting. This central role will provide administrative support in addition to contributing to core business processes through monitoring of regulatory matters and contract details. WASCO is seeking individuals who demonstrate flexibility, initiative, ability to work independently, and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Generates monthly reports for financial purposes, regulatory requirements for Transport Canada (TC) and Government of Nunavut (GN), Safety Management Systems, Quality Assurance, Engagement, Customer Surveys, Operations and Life Cycle.
- Subject Matter Expert on the terms of contracts managed through WASCO and monitor delivery of services as identified through contracts. Escalate non-compliance with terms of contract.
- Acts for GN to manage lease terms at Iqaluit International Airport (YFB) including: collection and remittance of rent payments, ensuring accurate insurance certificates, coordinating lease renewals prior to expiration, coordinating enforcement action, and negotiation of new leases.
- Oversee annual process to obtain inventory and supplies for YFB, through inventory management, procurement and coordination of sealift shipping process.
- Support Human Resource activities such as recruitment, on-boarding and training plans, payroll set-up, as well as payroll and benefits queries.
- Provide administrative support to a dynamic group that provides services to over 25 airports.
- Promotes a customer service culture to the team in the delivery of services to clients.
- Respectfully, collaboratively and effectively communicates with clients, staff and management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completed post-secondary degree or certificate program
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple priorities concurrently
- Previous experience in managing projects with milestones and dependencies
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Financial acuity
- Previous experience with contract coordination/management
- Ability to be flexible, work independently and self-manage deadlines
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access)
- Customer service and business development oriented
This full-time position will be based in Winnipeg, providing support to a multi-functional team that provides operational services and support.
WASCO is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, Inuit beneficiaries, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their covering letter.
Please direct all inquiries and applications including resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing competition no. W20171115 by closing date November 29, 2017.