Happy and Hopping Holiday Season at the Airport!
December 20, 2018
Winnipeg Richardson International Airport is poised to have another busy holiday season this year. Here are some quick facts to let you know what it looks like around the airport:
- Our busiest days are actually just after Christmas on the 27th and 28th! We’ll see approximately 30,000 travellers through our doors. That being said, the entire end of the year is extra busy so make sure you arrive early to get through screening. You can always park valet to get to your flight faster, too!
- Travelling before your gift giving celebration? Make sure to either not wrap or put them in a gift bag instead. For your convenience, we have a gift rewrapping station right after security!
- There are some options for holiday entertainment in both the arrivals hall and lounge area at Prairie Bistro in departures! You can see the schedule of entertainment by clicking here.
- Santa Claus came to town and started with the airport! He made some friends handing out candy canes, posing for selfies and doing everything in between!
#ICYMI: if you checked out our #instagramlive today, you'll know we followed a familiar friendly face around the airport, handing out candy canes and spreading a little #holiday cheer! You can watch the entirety of the video today, but here are some of the highlights! #santa
- Sun destinations are literally all over the map. Flair Airlines announced some that join the wide range of sun spots that have direct flights from YWG. See the entire list here.
All of these combine to make for a very active airport and busy holiday season. Warm regards to you and yours, and a happy and healthy new year as well!