Partnership with Habitat for Humanity Manitoba’s ReStore
March 11, 2016
Since March 2015, Winnipeg Airports Authority has been donating various unused items to the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore. The ReStore receives new and used building materials donated by businesses and homeowners and resells them to the general public at greatly reduced prices.
Benefits of donating to the ReStore are twofold. One - the ReStore recycles by reselling new and gently used materials and products that would otherwise be headed for the landfill. Two - Proceeds from the ReStore cover 100% of Habitat for Humanity Manitoba's administrative costs, enabling all personal and corporate donations to go directly to the construction of affordable homes for low-income working families to purchase.
As a partner with the community, WAA is committed to minimizing our impact on the environment. In 2015, we donated old baggage tubs, baggage carts and paper shredders to the ReStore; totaling 2015lbs of goods that would have otherwise been sent to the landfill. To learn more about our environmental practices, follow this link.
Here’s a list of some of Habitat’s sought after items:
- Appliances: Washers, Dryers, Stoves, Portable dishwashers (* 7 years or less)
- Bathtubs: Claw Foot, (*No rust please)
- Cabinets: Complete Modular component units
- Carpet (*New Only Please)
- Windows - up to 6ft. (*No Sealed Units Please)
- Lighting Fixtures
- Kitchen Sinks
- Lumber: Clean, no nails, 8 feet and over
- New Molding
- Medicine Cabinets
- Plumbing Fixtures and Accessories
- Furniture: Dressers, Tables, Kitchen Chairs, Etc.
To learn about how you can donate items to the ReStore or for more information about Habitat for Humanity, follow this link.