Located at the geographical centre of North America, Winnipeg Richardson International Airport is a key component of Canada's air cargo activity. Our round-the-clock operations help goods to be distributed globally within 48 hours.
Under Winnipeg Airports Authority, air cargo services at YWG support major sorting facilities and accommodate cargo operators such as FedEx and Purolator as well as transborder services from global cargo air carriers including UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
WAA's cargo handling expertise paired with the airport's ideal location has also allowed Winnipeg to become a major hub for Cargojet.
A strategic transportation and distribution hub
- Located at the geographical centre of North America
- At the heart of the Mid-Continent Trade Corridor, offering a direction connection the U.S. and Mexico
- Located within the Central Time Zone
The YWG advantage
- 24-hour international airport
- Three major North American rail networks (CN, CP, and BNSF)
- Access to major trucking routes, including the TransCanada Highway and the US Interstate Highway system
Cargo carriers at WAA
Operating cargo airlines
- Morningstar Air Express (operating on behalf of FedEx)
- SkyLink Express (operating on behalf of UPS)
- Cargojet (operating on behalf of DHL)
- Sunwest Aviation
Winnipeg Airports Authority
249-2000 Wellington Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 1C2