Aira combines technology and human assistance to help people who are blind or with a visual impairment navigate their immediate surroundings at Winnipeg Richardson International Airport.
Using the Aira app and the video function on your smartphone, tablet or video-equipped smart glasses, trained agents provide on-demand, personalized access to visual information at the airport.
If you need mobility or other special assistance, contact your airline at least 48 hours before your flight. Aira provides an additional layer of support and does not replace air carrier processes for accessibility assistance.
How it works
Connect to cellular date or Wi-Fi to use the Aira app. Free Wi-Fi is available at Winnipeg Richard International Airport, but data charges may apply.
- Download the Aira app on your smartphone or tablet through Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and choose the prompt 'Tap to use Aira as a Guest for FREE!'.
- Register with an email address and phone number.
- Wait for a text message confirming your phone number.
- Tap the link in the text message to complete the signup process.
- Connect with an agent by tapping the phone icon.
Connect with an agent
When you connect with an agent through the app, you will be asked what you'd like to do. Simply state the task at hand. You'll need to have your mobility device (white cane or service animal) with you at all times.
Need more information?
Disclaimer: Aira is not a safety device and cannot replace your mobility aid.