Before you takeoff, plan ahead for a smooth airport experience.
1. Ensure you meet the requirements
- Travel requirements and protocols for entry vary based on your destination. Be sure to review the rules in place for arriving at different provinces and territories, or for travelling outside of and returning to Canada.
- To confirm you have all of the proper documentation for your specific travel itinerary, contact your airline in advance.
2. Review what’s open before you fly
- Dining and retail establishments inside the terminal may be operating with reduced hours or are temporarily closed. Be sure to review what's open before you arrive at YWG.
- Check back often as hours and openings are frequently being updated.
3. Plan your transportation
- All transportation options are currently available at YWG. Transportation providers are following the Vehicle for Hire Guidelines outlined by the Province of Manitoba.
- For parking options at YWG, visit our Parking page. Did you know all parking equipment is being sanitized frequently as part of our YWG Clean Program and the tap limit has been increased to $250 to support more contactless payments?
4. Arrive early and wear a mask
- Give yourself plenty of time at the airport before your flight as some health measures may take longer to carry out.
- You must wear a mask inside the terminal at all times to properly cover your face and nose.
- Each airline is implementing its own safety measures at check-in. You can use an e-boarding pass on your personal device during check-in to help minimize touch encounters.
- Look for hand sanitizer stations available at every step throughout your travel experience.
6. Know what to expect at security
- Scan your own boarding pass and hold onto all of your own documentation to minimize touch encounters (assistance is available if needed). The screening process is being carried out with increased cleaning practices and security personnel will be wearing personal protective equipment as required.
- Don't forget, you can pack your own bottle of hand sanitizer in your carry-on luggage as long as it is less than 355 ml.
7. At the gate
- When boarding, airlines are carrying out enhanced safety screening to ensure all travellers are deemed safe to fly.
- You may be asked by an airline representative to momentarily remove your face covering for identification purposes.