Your travelling pets are welcome at Winnipeg Richardson International Airport. Guidelines for travelling with animals are in place to ensure the safety and health of all travellers at our airport.
Check with your airline for rules about flying with pets. Each airline has policies for travelling with or transporting animals.
Guidelines for travelling with pets
Animals are permitted in the terminal if:
- It's a service animal for a passenger or visitor of the airport.
- It's a domesticated pet and properly contained in a kennel, pet carrier, or is carried in your arms.
- It's a dog used by enforcement agencies, such as customs or police officers.
Animal relief area
There are three Animal Relief Areas to accommodate pets moving through the airport environment, including:
- Outside the airport, located on Arrivals Level 1 near Door 3.
- Domestic/International Gate Area, located past security across from Gate 9.
- Transborder Gate Area, located across from Gate 4 for travellers flying direct to the U.S.