All employees at the airport must have appropriate security passes and permits. The Pass Office is here to guide you through the process of getting the passes and permits you need.
Services by appointment
- New enrollment: Original submission of Transportation Security Clearance application.
- Renewal enrollment: You currently hold a RAIC that is due to expire or your previous RAIC has already expired.
- RAIC print: New, renewal, add or remove employer, Canada Pass, replace damaged/lost/stolen RAIC.
- Parking: New, renewal, add or remove employer, Canada Pass, replace damaged/lost/stolen RAIC.
- AVOP exam: New or renewal.
- AVRP: New vehicle registration or renewal.
- Out-of-town access: You hold a RAIC with another airport and require access at YWG.
Walk-ins will be accepted for the following reasons:
- Lost or stolen RAIC. Please ensure to report the lost or stolen RAIC as soon as you are aware it is missing.
- Damaged RAIC that is no longer working.
- Processing question(s).
- Visitor pass decal pick-up. Please ensure you have placed an order with the AOC at 204-987-9798 before visiting the Pass Office.
- Key / keycard / door / gate application drop-off.
- Change of employer document drop-off.
- Multi-employer document drop-off.
- Parking request.
Wait times for walk-ins will depend on the number of walk-ins and booked appointments. The Pass Office cannot guarantee wait times. Only pre-booked appointments are guaranteed. When able, please book a walk-in appointment.
Book an appointment
If you're a new hire or you're applying for Transportation Security Clearance, follow the 5-step process below before booking your appointment.
If you need to cancel an appointment, provide at least 24 hours' notice.
For new hires or RAIC renewals
If you're newly hired or you're applying for Transportation Security Clearance, follow these steps to ensure your experience at the Pass Office is easy and fast.
- Complete the Canadian Airport Security Program (CASAP): If you're applying for Transportation Security Clearance or renewing your clearance, you must first complete the CASAP course online. Get login credentials from your employer's signing authority. Once you've completed the CASAP certificate, print a copy to bring to your appointment. It's mandatory that the CASAP training be completed prior to your appointment.
- Have your original valid documents ready: Make sure you have these required original valid documents and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Complete all security clearance forms: Ensure that all security clearance forms are filled out completely and correctly.
- Get your forms signed by your employer's signing authority: Some forms require a signature from a signing authority at your company. Make sure your forms have been signed before your appointment.
- Book your appointment: Once you've completed the steps above, book your Pass Office appointment online. If you need to cancel an appointment, provide at least 24 hours' notice.
What to expect at your new hire appointment
Your appointment will take about 30 minutes. We'll photocopy your ID, take a photo of you, and take your fingerprints. Your paperwork and job requirements will be reviewed to determine if you qualify for a temporary pass.
A temporary pass allows you limited access to some restricted areas of the airport until we hear from Transport Canada about your Transportation Security Clearance.
Leave your feedback
Your feedback is important to us. Please let us know about the service you experienced at the Pass Office by answering this short survey.
For information about processing time for your Transportation Security Clearance application, visit the Security Screening Program at Transport Canada's website.