Whether you are dropping someone off or picking them up at Winnipeg Richardson International Airport, it's important to plan ahead. The following are a few tips for making your trip to the airport a smooth one.
- Know which airline your traveller will be leaving or arriving on. This is the most important piece of information you'll need to have. There are two curb levels at the airport. Arrivals Level 1, where you will most commonly be picking up passengers, and Departures Level 2, where you will drop them off.
- Strict security directives prohibit parked or unattended vehicles on the roadways in front of the terminal, even for a short time. You may pull to the curb in front of a terminal only long enough to drop off or pick up a waiting traveller. When picking up, the traveller must be waiting outside the terminal before you pull curbside; parking your vehicle at the curb while you wait for arriving travellers to emerge from the terminal is not allowed. Unattended vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed.
- When picking someone up from the airport, find out if your traveller has checked any bags. It sometimes takes a little while for bags to make it from the airplane to the baggage carousel. Curbside parking in front of the terminals is prohibited, so make sure your traveler has retrieved his or her bags and is waiting outside the terminal before pulling curbside.
- Be sure to exchange cell phone numbers. This way, your traveler can call you when they land so that you can time your arrival and avoid having to circle the roadway.
- Be sure you have your traveller's flight number and check its status before heading to the airport.
- If you are coming from a distance, plan to park at the airport and wait inside. See below for some suggested locations to await your traveler.
Park & Wait
Avoid the hassle of circling airport roadways, waiting for travelers to emerge from the Terminal Building. Parking at Winnipeg Richardson International Airport is a great alternative.
Please consider parking if you do not have cell phone contact with the traveller, the traveller requires assistance with equipment, baggage or children, or if you would like to visit the Terminal Building. There are several convenient locations to meet travellers and perhaps even get a bite to eat while waiting.
Just tell them, "Meet me at..."