Facilities Maintenance Generalist
Application deadline: 2018-01-04
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, the WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a perennial “Top Manitoba Employer”, the WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, at the right time.
Reporting to the Manager, Facility Performance and the Supervisor, Mechanical and Airport Operations Systems, the Facilities Maintenance Generalist performs planned and unplanned preventative maintenance and repair work, supporting WAA’s facilities maintenance program across WAA Campus/Facilities.
- Planned maintenance and refinishing of various painted surfaces and unplanned repair of various building elements including, trim materials, walls, partitions, ceilings, windows, and metalwork;
- Support the WAA Facility Maintenance Tradespersons, including building mechanical, electrical, and structural, in performing non-skilled or semi-skilled work relating to a specific trade;
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance tasks, and applicable minor repairs;
- Various structural & architectural facilities maintenance repairs & periodic maintenance support as necessary;
- Cleaning and proper storage of work tools, benches, and shops; and
- Maintain inventory of parts, supplies and materials.
Selection Criteria include:
- 5 years’ previous experience in facilities maintenance in a large facility, in building envelope, mechanical & electrical, plumbing, painting, dry walling, interior finishes, wood & metal works;
- Successful completion of relevant secondary school education or equivalent in a technical or trade certification;
- BOMI SMA/SMT, or other building industry recognized facilities certification preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex repairs involving other trades as required;
- Excellent ability using various hand/power tools equipment and machinery in a safe and effective manner;
- Must demonstrate safe work practices, including ladder, scaffold, and lift safety in indoor/outdoor conditions;
- Working knowledge of building systems, components, and materials;
- Ability to match colors, hues, tints, tones, and shades to maintain continuity to optimize visual and aesthetic appeal when completing repairs and finishing;
- Experience working in public spaces and corporate offices in a safe and effective manner;
- Working knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management System;
- Excellent ability to work with tight deadlines and shifting priorities, while identifying practical solutions;
- Possess strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with demonstrated abilities to work independently, as well as within a team environment;
- Customer service oriented and proactive with excellent problem solving abilities;
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office products and Excel spreadsheets;
- Must be able to work rotating shifts supporting a 24/7/365 operation.
- Must be comfortable working at heights and platforms of 30-50 feet; and
- Valid MB Class 5 driver’s license, with ability to obtain an AVOP D/A license within 6 months of hire.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card.
Send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations and quoting Project 17-024 in the subject line, by closing date January 4, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources, 249 - 2000 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3H 1C2, Fax: 204-987-9105
The WAA is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their covering letter.