Marketing Specialist (Term)
Application deadline: 2018-03-27
The Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains, and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, the WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation, and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a perennial “Top Manitoba Employer”, the WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, and at the right time.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Advertising, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for the design and production of various print and online marketing collaterals at the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Air Terminal Building and various WAA and campus facilities.
- Design and production of print and online marketing collaterals including advertising, various signage, brochures, reports, and presentations;
- Coordinate various on-site and off-site events;
- Coordinate various marketing and sponsor requests;
- Provide support for promotional campaigns;
- Create and distribute e-mail marketing campaigns;
- Order and track inventory of WAA merchandise;
- Liaise with various vendors; and
- Assist the Manager, Marketing & Advertising with various projects.
Selection Criteria include:
- Post-secondary education at a University or Community College, specializing in Marketing, Business and/or Design;
- Proven ability using various graphic design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, HTML 5);
- Experience in Layout, Typography, Branding and Logo Development;
- Must possess effective communications skills in all mediums;
- Ability to work in a team environment and prioritize workload to meet multiple deadlines;
- Must be capable of organizing and scheduling;
- Attention to detail and ability to produce high quality work in a timely fashion;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Extensive use of design and drawing software, as well as knowledge of print production (Pre-Press), is necessary to the function of the job; and
- Must have experience in Adobe Creative Suite, motion graphics, digital ad animation and Windows 2000 Office XP.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card.
Send your resume & cover letter, indicating your salary expectations and quoting Project 18 – 010 in the subject line, by closing date March 27, 2018 to: email@example.com
Winnipeg Airports Authority
249 - 2000 Wellington Avenue
The WAA is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their covering letter.