At YWG, we are committed to enhancing our cleaning practices and exceeding all public health guidelines to provide a safe environment for all.
The YWG Clean Program represents our ongoing commitment to help keep the community we serve safe by enhancing our cleaning routines, technology and techniques to meet the highest standard. The program demonstrates actions taken to date, in response to COVID-19, to provide a clean and safe airport environment, as well as many coming soon initiatives to further meet this goal. The program is continually being expanded with consultation from public health authorities to help us further instill traveller confidence and create a safe atmosphere to support travel.
Below are some examples of what we are doing each and every day at YWG to prioritize cleanliness and safety:
- Washrooms are being cleaned hourly, including water bottle re-fill stations
- An electrostatic sprayer is being used to disinfect touch surfaces, such as seating areas
- Enhanced cleaning icons are displayed in the airport to showcase high priority areas
- Increased hand-sanitizer stations are always being replenished in convenient locations
- Air filtration is set to the highest standard to match that of a hospital setting inside the terminal
- All cleaning solutions have been reviewed to achieve the greatest result and exceed health standards
- Minimizing touch encounters wherever possible across the airport campus, including parking
- Disinfecting all touch surfaces frequently by combining technology and manual techniques as part of our multi-layered approach.
Actions Taken at YWG
Tips for Travellers and Visitors
Thank you to all travellers, visitors and staff for your continued cooperation in helping us maintain a safe and clean environment for all.
For more information about travel protocols and advisories, please visit our Latest Update section.
Collaborating with our Airport Partners
At Winnipeg Richardson International Airport, many different partners are working together to help build a safe and secure environment to support travel and adhere to all public health protocols. Learn more about what each of our airport partners are doing to further implement safety measures and best practices during this critical time.