To obtain an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP):
- Submit the AVOP application to the Pass Office. Your employer must sign the forms and ensure they're properly completed.
- Once submitted, a representative from Winnipeg Airports Authority's Operations Department will review the application.
- Once approved, your employer will provide you with a link, user name, and password to access the online AVOP training material.
- The online training must be completed prior to taking the exam.
Many companies have their own AVOP Trainer to assist employees with the AVOP training. Check with your employer to see if they have an AVOP Trainer.
AVOP testing process
The testing procedure for obtaining a D or D/A AVOP is:
- a written exam of multiple-choice questions, and
- a driven exam (day AND night driven exam needed for D AVOP)
Written exams must be scheduled in advance at the Pass Office. The driven portion will be scheduled after you've passed the written exam. All AVOP driven exams are weather pending and may be cancelled at the discretion of the examiner.