Your pets are welcome at Winnipeg Richardson International Airport. Guidelines for animals in the terminal are in place to ensure the safety and health of all travellers, visitors and employees at our airport.
Check with your airline for rules about flying with pets. Each airline has policies for travelling with or transporting animals.
Guidelines for pets at YWG
Animals are permitted in the terminal if:
- It’s a service animal for a passenger or visitor of the airport.
- It’s a domesticated pet and properly leashed, contained in a kennel, pet carrier, or is carried in your arms.
- It’s a service dog used by enforcement agencies, such as customs or police officers.
- Owners are responsible for any damage caused or clean-up required by their animal.
Owners are responsible for any damage caused or clean-up required by their animal.
Animal relief area
There are three Animal Relief Areas to accommodate pets moving through the airport environment, including:
- Outside the airport, located on Arrivals Level 1 near Door 3.
- Domestic/International Gate Area, located past security across from Gate 9.
- Transborder Gate Area, located across from Gate 4 for travellers flying direct to the U.S.